168 Hours Time-Tracking Challenge- Day 6

If you made it through the first full weekend day of this time tracking challenge, congrats! It’s not easy to document where weekend time goes. But all you have to do is make it through tomorrow, and then you’re done. And then you’ll have a good, holistic picture of your life.

As for me, I read for a while last night, and got the kids down around 9:15, but then my husband let the boys get up again to watch Big Bang Theory with him. The result is that they did not go down until 10:30. I  kept reading (moving on from Bad Religion to Your Money or Your Life), chatted with my husband from 10:30-11, then crashed.

11-6:25 – slept. I set my alarm for 6:25 – husband was up with baby by this point.

6:25-7 – dressed, packed bag, ate breakfast, got 7-year-old up and ready.

7-7:30 – drove to wrestling meet in Horsham.

7:30-7:55 – checked in with coach, got son into wrestling shoes (those things are a beast).

7:55-8:10 – I had figured out that we were 8 minutes away from the Ambler YMCA, so I packed my gym bag and drove over. Got ready.

8:10-8:40 – treadmill: 5k@27:56. I did my math wrong. It should have been 27:54 to be 9 minute miles. So I guess I ran at 9:01 min/miles. Oh well. It was a really good workout, but my legs hurt tonight.

8:40-8:55 – quick change and drove back over to wrestling meet.

8:55 – 9:10 – saw we were one match before my son! So I got to see him wrestle. He pinned the other child quickly so the ref did a bonus round to give them both more practice.

9:10-11:30 — long morning at the meet. My kid was match #5, and then #39 and #45. I got him Gatorade and a pretzel, and I had my coffee, and we watched his team mates, and I read some on my Kindle, but generally he was being kind of a pain in the butt about waiting.

11:30- noon – finally, up for his second two matches. First one he pinned the other kid quick again. Second one went all 3 minutes and was intense. Finally, my kid won on points. So 3 for 3! I am turning into a total wrestling mom. Yelling as they’re battling out there.

12-12:30 – drove home. We had a sitter for the morning so my husband could take some of the other kids skiing, but then apparently no one wanted to ski. So he worked out and did some work. Sitter left 12:30.

12:30-1 – ate lunch. My husband took off with the toddler and 5-year-old for grocery store, mostly to get the cake for somebody’s 2nd birthday!

1-1:15 – worked a bit on this blog post

1:15-1:40 – shower, dress, hair

1:40-2 – finished wrapping various presents

2- 2:30 – bits and pieces of work, put groceries away when the others got home.

2:30-2:50 – got 5-year-old ready for friend’s party, she wanted her hair done, so I put in two pigtail braids.

2:50-3:10 – drive to Chuck E. Cheese’s with the 5-year-old. I had managed in the past to convince the children that there weren’t any Chuck E. Cheese locations in our vicinity, so now at least one of them knows the truth. I think I will press with the story line that they only do birthday parties.

3:10-5 – party at Chuck E. Cheese’s. Pretty much as one would imagine. I spent most of this time following my daughter around helping her use the play pass electronic ticket, and collecting her paper tickets and so forth. I read for about 10-15 minutes total during this time.

5-5:20 – drove home. Found that toddler, who’d skipped nap, asleep on the couch. Not good for timing.

5:20-5:40 – husband and I made dinner. He made crab cakes for us, which we had with a Caesar salad. The kids had pizza (again!) and tomatoes/corn/melon.

5:40 – 6 – woke toddler up, family dinner

6- 6:30 – opened presents for toddler’s birthday

6:30 – 7 – played with presents

7-7:30 – PJs and cake!

7:30-7:50 – little guy down. He was fighting it.

7:50 – now working on this. The boys will likely watch a movie tonight. I will read. More birthday celebrations to come tomorrow.

Overall observations: It was a very kid-centric day, between the wrestling meet and the afternoon birthday party. I did enjoy slipping a run into my morning kid duties, but there wasn’t a whole lot of real downtime. Oh well — it’s 8 p.m. now, and if I go to bed at 10:30, I have most of the next 2.5 hours to do what I wish.

How did your weekend time-tracking go?

2 thoughts on “168 Hours Time-Tracking Challenge- Day 6

  1. Left at 8:00 am to be at a drill team competition by 8:30. My daughter danced three times throughout the day. I left at 6:00 pm, which was before the competition even finished! Too many hours on hard bleachers! But I had a nice visit with another mom and did some crocheting. And to top it off, it was my birthday!

    1. @LaDawn – yep, that is an epic competition! I probably should write something about using sideline time. Knowing I’d gotten my run in made the long wrestling match more bearable.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *