Pre-order Now! On Sale May 29th
“Laura Vanderkam delivers a compelling and evidence-based argument that busyness is overrated in our current culture. Living a full life, at work and at home, is about doing the right things well, and confidently missing out on everything else.”
—Cal Newport, author of Deep Work
Short of discovering an additional 25th hour, what makes time so different for those rare productive, unstressed people? Laura Vanderkam knows–and can teach you. If you want to do more without losing your sense of peace along the way, make time for Off the Clock.”
—Jon Acuff, author of Finish and Do Over
“Laura Vanderkam is one of the world’s leading experts in time management and productivity. If you’re feeling too busy, stressed out, or overworked, reading her insights in Off the Clock can change your life.”
—Dorie Clark, author of Stand Out and adjunct professor, Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business
“For every minute you spend inside this book, you’ll get back ten. Off the Clock will show you how to spend your hours more meaningfully, reclaim vast amounts of wasted time, and live a better life. Picking up this book will be one of the most valuable investments you make in yourself.”
—Chris Bailey, author of The Productivity Project
About the Book
Learn to savor life’s best moments–no matter how busy you are–through mindset shifts that alter your perception of time.
Laura Vanderkam, the acclaimed author of What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast, isn’t like other time-management gurus. She’s not trying to shave off 30 seconds here or there; she’s interested in the emotional and psychological side of the 168 hours everyone has each week. Her core message is that you have more time than you think you do, and you can feel less stressed while getting more done.
With the right habits, you can live efficiently and effectively, and yet still see time as abundant. In this book, based on a time diary study of more than 900 people with full lives, Vanderkam teaches:
- How to clear your calendar of activities that are boring, stressful — or just not the best use of your time.
- Why tackling your top priorities during the hours when you have the most energy will change your perception of what it means to be productive.
- How to linger in great experiences while they’re happening, and why good memories seem to make time expand.
Vanderkam has packed this book with insights from busy yet relaxed professionals, including “time makeovers” of people who are learning how to use these tools. Off the Clock can inspire the rest of us to create lives that are not only productive, but enjoyable in the moment.
Join the OFF THE CLOCK Book Club!
Pre-order my next book, Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done now and you can join my new book club and get all of these bonuses:
- OFF THE CLOCK Intro and Chapter 1. I don’t want you to have to wait to start reading! Get a sneak peek at the book with these introductory excerpts.
- Your own OFF THE CLOCK Time Makeover Guide and Time Log. Ready to start feeling less busy while getting more done? With this guide, you can start making meaningful changes in your life right away.
- Membership to the private OFF THE CLOCK book club. Get access to an exclusive webinar to discuss the book, and exclusive behind-the-scenes emails as we head toward book launch on May 29th. (More information on exact timing and log-in details for the webinar will come closer to launch date)
- A signed OFF THE CLOCK bookplate. I’ll send you an autographed sticker to go in your hardcover version of the book (or wherever you might want to put it)!
Joining the OFF THE CLOCK Book Club is easy as 1-2-3:
- PRE-ORDER your copy at your favorite bookseller using the links above. Using a different retailer? No problem. Just let me know where in the notes so I can keep track.
- SIGN UP with your information below.
- GET a confirmation email from me with all the details and bonuses.