I’m not sure that I actually created a blog post about goals for 2014. I can’t seem to find one. I know I had a few in mind so, as we enter the 4th quarter of the year, it’s time to check back in with them.
1. Finish the Book-Formerly-Known-As-Mosaic. On track for this one, as long as we nail down the title soon! The bulk of this 75,000-word manuscript is finished and much of what is going on now is polishing.
2. Put my novel out in the world. I’m cutting this one down to the wire, but I’m editing this 100,000-word beast now, and I’m in the process of hiring the contractors who will help me make it look its best.
3. Grow my blog readership. It is growing, though slower than I’d like. I welcome suggestions for expanding readership, other than calling every post “The one shocking, crazy discovery that will change everything you know about the internet.”
4. Travel goals: I wanted to go see the Netherlands during tulip time, and we did. I wanted to spend some extended time at the beach, so we went for 2 weeks, but frankly, I’m not sure that’s a goal I’d like to repeat until the kids are older. I have another major trip coming up in mid-October that I’ll blog about later, and there may be one in November. This has been a surprisingly good year for vacations, considering.
5. Hit my goal weight. I did touch there, briefly, this spring, but then the pregnancy moved me in the other direction. C’est la vie! I’ve been happy, though, with how well my body has taken this pregnancy in stride. I’m just over 24 weeks and have been doing some lovely trail runs.
6. Better clothes. Looking more put-together has been a long-term goal. In happy news, Stitch Fix is now doing maternity wear. They sent me some awesome maternity pants, which I wore with a black lace top and a statement necklace from different shipments to a dinner last night (statement necklace detail at top). Most of the other stuff from the shipment didn’t work out as well, but hey.
How are you doing on your 2014 goals or new year’s resolutions?
Photo: Headshot courtesy the 2-almost-3-year old.