It is List of 100 Dreams week here on the blog. For an explanation of the concept, please see Monday’s post. On Tuesday, the Best of Both Worlds podcast covered the topic, and I posted Part 1 on Wednesday, and Part 2 on Thursday. Here’s the balance, mostly in the “personal and family” category.
If you worked on your list this week, let me know how it went!
72. Come up with my philanthropy plan, spending some time thinking about intentional giving.
73. Start practicing the piano again. Partly to inspire my kids, and partly because I enjoy it. Maybe play a duet with the kids.
74. Find some fabulous and fashionable walking shoes
75. Also, jeans I love. And then buy 10 pairs.
76. Lift weights. Sculpted arms would be nice. I need to do more strength training in general. I do have a kettlebell in my office and I do use the weight machines when I go to hotel gyms.
77. Learn to do Instagram stories
78. Eat at all of Philly’s top-rated restaurants
79. Maybe New York’s too. I mean, it is pretty close.
80. Find a swimsuit I love – that looks good on me as I am.
81. Find my kids a sleep-away summer camp they want to do (and maybe do some version of this myself!)
82. Sit with my coffee for a minute some mornings without doing anything else. Always make a fresh pot instead of heating up the dregs in the microwave (yes, this happens).
83. Take some soaks in the brand-new, renovated bathroom tub
84. Attend another 76-ers game
85. Go to the Olympics some time (probably the summer ones, though winter could be fun too)
86. Get really nice pajamas
87. Go on more morning runs outside. Since this is currently difficult to do on weekdays, I will aim for 1x during week, and do for sure on weekends. It will be less hard when the kids are older.
88. Find some nice shampoos, face creams, and soaps. Specifically, stop using the Irish Spring my husband puts in the shower.
89. Find a new handbag. Mine is now held together with dental floss! I need one that can be my carry-on for my laptop on planes. Actually, this dream is really about going to the mall to go shopping some time. Just by myself and unhurried.
90. Read some more books on early humanity. I find the whole concept of Neanderthals and Denisovans and such oddly fascinating.
91. Get some cold/rainy weather running gear. I really dislike running on the treadmill. It’s a necessary evil at times but I’d like to run outside on a few more marginal days.
92. Train my kids to do more chores and food prep. I like the idea of them making me breakfast.
93. Convince the kids to hike and bike cheerfully
94. Do a family volunteer project together
Others I forgot to list earlier that will get me to 100:
95. Visit Italy again. I loved Florence and Cinque Terra, but I’d like to stay in a villa in Tuscany and also see Rome and the Sistine Chapel and all that.
96. Visit Mongolia.
97. Go on a sleigh ride
98. Film some time makeovers
99. Write something about streaks (long-term, daily habits)
100. Do something fun to celebrate my 40th birthday later this year! (Suggestions??)
Photo: Looking forward to soaks in the tub, though just like the sitting-still-with-my-coffee dream, it seems to have a way of not happening…