We all need a good story, and so I’ve been pondering the pitch for 168 Hours (Portfolio, 2010). Here’s what I hope you’ll get out of reading the book. You’ll learn:
* The surprising ways we use our time — and where the time really goes
* How to take charge of the 168 hours we all have each week
* How to lift your career to the next level while maintaining a full personal life
* How to focus on what you do best at home
* How to fill your leisure hours in ways that make you feel truly relaxed.
Transcending the self-help genre, and avoiding the usual work/life balance traps, 168 Hours takes a journalistic look at how effective people live their lives — one week at a time.